Trying to keep up with facebook and blogs and email, I'm just exhausted! Phil made it through boot camp and is now in training somewhere in Maryland, haven't talked to him lately but mom and dad went to Kentucky for his graduation. The kids are looking forward to the end of the school year, only 6 or 7 weeks to go! Then it'll be out to the lake for us :) We are excited to start spending time at our new property on Rice Lake, it's back woods camping since there's nothing there but we'll still enjoy the peace and quiet! Rob's looking forward to doing more fishing this year since we'll be at the lake. We even took the boat out last Sunday for a ride, cast our poles in but nothing was bitin, the fish are probably still frozen. I've been working in the flower garden and tilling the backyard vegetable garden every chance I get. Jackson has been my helper lots, he is absolutely fascinated with bugs. I found all the rocks lining one of the gardens overturned, he was looking for bugs. He's been found holding beetles, ants, centipedes and wants to bring them all in the house. His preschool class took a field trip to a farm a few weeks ago and I went along. All of the kids were standing quietly by a fence listening to the family talk about the horses and cows and llamas. Where was Jackson? Running full speed at a group of chickens with his arms spread out trying to catch one! And he didn't stop the entire time, he'd sneak off when he thought I wasn't looking and corner a chicken. He wanted to take one home so badly! He did finally get to touch one when the farmer took pity on him and picked one up for him.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Jackson, you're too cute! My boys do the same thing with my garden rocks. I think I've told them at least 20 times this spring to QUIT PULLING THE ROCKS OUT! Those potato bugs are just too tempting though.
Jackson is adorable. Maybe there will be a wild chicken that finds its way to your property on Rice Lake that he can try to catch. (Or ducks, they sort of look like chickens.)
lol, he probably will be chasing the ducks!
Post a Comment