Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Italian Sausage Soup Recipe




Italian Sausage Soup

Nora Olson made this in January for our Italian Night. It's absolutely delicious, I've made it at home and Rob and I loved it!

It's great with fresh bread or warmed store bought bread.

1 lb Italian Sausage
1 clove minced garlic
2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
1 (14.5 oz) can Italian Style Tomatoes (slice up a little if large-cut)
1 cup sliced carrots
1 (14.5 oz) can of Northern Beans, undrained
2 small zucchini, cubed
2 cups of torn spinach leaves
1.4 t pepper (or more)
1/4 t salt (I didn't think it needed it, so I didn't use)

In stockpot, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes, carrots and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in beans and zucchini. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more, or until zukes are tender. Remove from heat and stir in spinach, replacing the cover to allow the heat of the soup to cook the leaves. Ready in about 5 minutes.

No comments: